Do you recognize this space? If so, then you obviously are a fan of HGTV’s Fixer Upper. If not, well I don’t think I’ve met anyone who hasn’t seen at least one episode of the show. In case you are the one person who hasn’t, this homely space belongs to Chip and Joanna Gaines, the adorable hosts of Fixer and Upper. I read recently that HGTV was the third most watched television network in 2016, beating out CNN. Only ESPN and Fox News had more viewers. I attribute that to Chip and Joanna with their charming dynamic and impressive design skills. Living in the south, this shabby chic, rustic style farmhouse vibe is prolific. I’d say 80% of the homes I visit look similar to this (although not as good because no one does this better than Joanna). I’ve rounded up some items to help you emulate the Fixer Upper Farmhouse look in your own home.
- Coffee table // Overstock – This distressed reclaimed wood coffee table is the perfect jumping off point for a rustic farmhouse room.
- Print // Teil Duncan – Teil Duncan is so talented. This is a digital print of her work, so it’s not as expensive as an actual painting (but it’s still signed by her).
- Chandelier // Home Depot – I’m pretty sure you aren’t allowed to do shabby chic without a chandelier.
- Pillow // Target – An appropriate pillow for this space.
- Dining room table // domino – This vintage style table emulates Joanna’s original.
- Rug // Amazon – A neutral jute rug keeps with the rustic vibe of the space.
- Chairs // Kohl’s – These metal chairs bring an industrial vibe to the room(s).
- Wire basket // Amazon – This basket also has an industrial look. I like how functional these are, too. I’d probably need 12 for all of my random bits of mail/magazines/receipts.
- Trays // Amazon – These weathered trays are perfect for the coffee or dining table.
- Super Market sign // Amazon – This needs no explanation.
- Pillow // Target – This pillow is adorable. Totally and completely shabby chic. It’s probably in every house within 25 square miles of me.
- Pendant // Home Depot – This barn light pendant emulates the ones hanging over Joanna’s island. And you know she loves her kitchen islands (along with her shiplap and cased openings).
- Scale // Target – An antique style scale complements the rustic look.
Shabby chic decor is so charming. Here a few other accent pieces that will help you achieve the Fixer Upper Farmhouse vibe: