Two things are for sure in this picture: 1) The Duchess of Cambridge looks astounding per usual. 2) The Duke of Cambridge is l-o-v-i-n-g posing for this photo.
For Style Emulator’s inaugural fashion post, I had to go with the future queen. Kate Middleton is beautiful, classic, and, in my mind, hilarious. I also appreciate that she appears ‘thrifty’ as far as royals go in that she’s not afraid to recycle outfits. She wore this gorgeous Jenny Packham dress back in 2011, and wore it again a few nights ago. Royalty–they’re like the rest of us! Could you imagine if this dress never saw the light of day again because she’d already worn it once?
Since most of us don’t have an annual diplomatic reception at Buckingham Palace to attend, I put together a look inspired by HRH. It’s perfect for a holiday party, date night, or GNO.
- Headband – Or a peasant’s tiara for the rest of us.
- Top – A red peplum top to emulate Kate Middleton’s dress. Kate’s body not included.
- Earrings – Bringing the bling up a notch since we are attempting to look like a princess and all.
- Pants – I love these pants! And they’re currently only $48. They are so versatile and add a touch of glam even if you aren’t playing princess for the night. Dress them down with a graphic tank and heels for more of a rock chic vibe.
- Cuff – A tiara for your wrist, if you will.
- Heels – Simple black heels (on sale!) keep things classy.
- Clutch – How cute is this clutch? And it’s available in other colors! The black is gorgeous, too.
If that top isn’t exactly your style, here are few other peplum picks:
Also, if you DO live a fabulous life and have a reason to wear a dress like Kate’s, please tell me who/what/where/why and can I get an invite.