Source: Harper’s Bizarre
Miranda Kerr recently wore this caped look, and it’s been in the back of my mind ever since. It’s both elegant and cozy–two words I don’t often use to describe the same thing. But, Miranda manages to pull it off. She also looks slightly edgy with a plunging neck line, leather pants, and a choker.
Let’s talk about chokers for a hot minute. Are you a fan? It’s the first trend I can remember that was popular for a time (what up to all of my fellow 90s kids), went out of style, and is now coming back into style. I first saw it pop up on Instagram about a year ago. I ignored it and silently pleaded with the internet to not let this become A Thing. Well, that didn’t work and chokers are back with a vengeance. And you know what? It works on Miranda. I actually like it (as if!). But, that begs the question if it only works on Miranda because she’s a supermodel and all? I went with a thinner version below that anyone can pull off. Check it out:
- Cape // Macy’s – Isn’t this beautiful? And it looks so comfy. I am totally on board with any garment that looks sophisticated, yet also feels like I’m wearing a blanket. See more options below.
- Top // Charlotte Russe – Not gonna lie, I like this top better than Miranda Kerr’s and it’s on sale for $15. This is actually a bodysuit which is likely what Miranda is wearing. I also like this one.
- Pants // Target – These high waist faux leather leggings emulate Miranda Kerr’s. They look super comfy, too. Cozy chic is the theme for this entire airport outfit.
- Sunglasses // Kohl’s – If you want to be like a supermodel and wear your sunglasses at night.
- Earrings // Kohl’s – We can’t see if Miranda Kerr is wearing earrings, but I’m of the opinion that no outfit is complete without them. Also, side note: these are from the LC Lauren Conrad line for Kohl’s and only $7. Every pair from her line looks great.
- Choker // Nordstrom – Here’s that choker I was talking about. The one in the original photo is thicker than this. I can’t go that thick just yet. Give me another two years to warm up to it. It will probably be out of style by that point, but you understand.
- Purse // H&M – Simple small black purse.
- Boots // Express – These booties are currently half off! Totally digging the two-tone look.
A few other beige capes/ponchos/wearable blankets: