One fashion designer that never fails to impress is Carolina Herrera. Her styles are consistently luxurious, poised, and feminine. She’s dressed first ladies (Jackie O and Michelle Obama), all kinds of celebrities (from Blake Lively to Amal Clooney), royal family members (Kate and Pippa Middleton), and she even designed Carrie Bradshaw’s wedding dress! She’s a designer whose career has spanned more years then I’ve been alive, but her looks remain current and fresh. Perhaps my favorite thing about Carolina Herrera, though, is her attitude. In an interview with Vogue, she stated, “My rule, whether I’m dressed in something that’s ‘high’ or ‘low,’ is to wear it like it cost a million dollars.” BOOM.
Today’s look comes from Carolina Herrera’s runway show this past fall. It’s gorgeous, glamorous, and girly. It’s also over $4,000 so here’s how you can emulate this look for less:
- Top // Nordstrom – I went with a plain black top in order to bring in jewelry. Here’s a top from H&M if you prefer to mimic Carolina Herrera’s sequin top.
- Skirt // Kohl’s – A fun mint skirt that emulates the original. See more options below
- Shoes // Asos – These pretty shoes add a little sparkle to the outfit.
- Necklace // Macy’s – I brought the shimmer out of the shirt and put it on a necklace. More appropriate for every day wear.
- Earrings // Macy’s – It’s impossible to go wrong with Kate Spade studs. They are my favorite!
Mint is a beautiful color and the midi skirt is an elegant silhouette. Combine the two and you have an exquisite piece of clothing. It’s perfect for dressing up or keeping it casual. Here are six additional options under $100: