Source: Architectural Digest
Over 99% of the time I gravitate toward neutral, natural, earth tone filled spaces. But then I see an eclectic style living room like this and instantly want to add more pops of color in my own home. Admittedly, color scares me. Being able to expertly design an eclectic style living room such as this that is colorful, playful, and sophisticated all at once is true talent (and bravery!). In addition to the color, Bilhuber and Associates combine textures and pattern to give the space depth and energy without appearing gauche. I know I’d fail miserably if I tried this on my own. So, if I ever work up the courage to emulate this style, I’ll be stalking more of Bilhuber’s work.
- Chair – I think I could manage having a blue chair in my home. I think.
- Sunburst – This sunburst is one of the best I’ve seen at this price point. The detail and coloring are on point.
- Topiary – I’m of the opinion one can never have too many topiaries. Is my southern showing?
- Print – This print makes me wonder what all those people in the sunlight are thinking. And where were they on their way to when this photo was taken? I’d stare at it every day while pondering those questions if it was hanging in my home.
- Vase – Perfect POP of color!
- Pillow – This banana leaf pillow both relaxes a space and gives a touch of class.
- Blanket – For those of us who aren’t brave enough to upholster our couch cushions in animal print. And it’s only $10.
- Pillow – Another fun pattern to bring into the mix.
- Coffee table book – The HONY book cover is just perfect. And you know the inside is just as good.
- Boxes – You could use these gorgeous boxes all together or in different spaces around the room. I’d probably stash candy in them. Who wants to walk all the way to the kitchen when a craving strikes, ya know?
- Pencil holder – How fun is this? I’d add a few peacock feathers in and amongst the pens and pencils for even more eclectic flair.
- Coffee table – A simple coffee table since we can’t go crazy with every piece of furniture. Also available at Target if you have a Red card, but it’s a bit more $.