Ballard’s bucolic black buffalo check bedroom beautifully bedazzles. Ok, I’ll stop. But Ballard did it again with today’s room. I’m hard pressed to think of a more classic pattern than buffalo check. You can use it on your floor, your living room, or your entire family can coordinate in it (been there, done that, cutest thing ever). You can also use it in your bedroom for a timeless and classic look. Buffalo check and gingham (there IS a difference!) can venture into granny chic–or not so chic–but Ballard keeps it modern and feminine by pairing it with pom pom bedding, florals, and natural fibers. Here’s how you can get a similar look:
- Buffalo Check Bedding – The buffalo check bedding from Ballard is on sale right now. And the sale prices are actually decent and competitive.
- Pom Pom Bedding – The pom pom bedding from Ballard is also on sale, but this set from Nordstrom is $50 cheaper.
- Bed – This piece is so classic.
- Chandelier – This statement piece softens the room and adds a little feminine flair.
- Medallion – I like the round shape of this medallion better than the one in the picture. But if I’m honest, I’d probably put a piece of artwork over the bed instead.
- Lamp – This lamp is a bit more expensive than I’d prefer to pay, but it’s available at JCPenney where everything is perpetually on sale. JCPenney also consistently offers a considerate amount of cash back on purchases if you use Ebates (referral link), too.
- Mirror – It’s a little funny how Ballard positioned this mirror right at eye level if you’re laying in bed. I don’t know that I want my own disheveled reflection to be the first thing I see in the morning.
- Basket – For the end of the bed. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a Ballard bedroom without something at the end of the bed.
- Curtains – The curtains are just barely visible in this photo. It’s a shame because they’re one of the best features in the room. Buffalo check and floral print are two bold prints, but by keeping them monochromatic they compliment rather than compete.
- Jute rug – Bringing a little texture into the mix.
Buffalo check will always be a perennial favorite of mine. Here’s a round up of a few other items featuring this textile. The upholstered bed is just insane.