Well, hi! Sorry to go MIA for the past couple of months. I had some national projects due at work and, given the current political climate within the healthcare industry, it took longer than I anticipated. Couple that with a super active toddler and life has been busier than a beehive to say the least. But like the warm weather, I’m back!
Speaking of warm weather, I’m excited for lake days and dinners al fresco with friends and family. One of my goals at the beginning of the year (my new year’s resolution, if you will) was to have more people over to my house. Community, fellowship, and friendship is something that, as an introvert, I don’t fully foster with those around me. My new neighbors recently had a “sunset appreciation party” where they invited everyone in the neighborhood over for hors d’oeuvres, homebrewed beer, and to get to know one another better while watching the sun set over the lake. We didn’t get to stay long because it was the baby’s bedtime, but it ended up being a really nice time and inspired me to host more events at my house. That’s where I found the catalyst for today’s look. I came across this patio on House Beautiful’s Instragram feed, and was instantly inspired.
- Tablecloth – Could this tablecloth be anymore fun and summery? See more options below.
- Director’s chair – I’ve only seen director’s chairs used at a dining table a handful of times, but it always look so chill and laid back. I can’t imagine any other chairs looking as good as these do.
- Cups – These cups add more color and texture while not competing with the tablecloth.
- Plates – The same goes for these plates.
- Napkins – The color is toned down a bit with these napkins. These could easily be used for a more refined party with a pretty navy and white toile tablecloth or the like.
- Galvanized tub – These tubs are an essential for backyard parties. Your guests will appreciate having easily accessible drinks. How many times have you had to prop a cooler lid up on your knee while fishing through the various assortment of cans/bottles (when all you really want is a bottle of water) while juggling your flimsy paper plate filled with food? Clearly I never have. *eyeroll*
- Hydrangeas! – How do I make the heart eye emoji from my keyboard?? My neighbor’s light blue hydrangeas are beginning to explode and it makes me so happy. Hydrangeas definitely scream summer.
Here are a few more striped tablecloth options. I really like the bottom left hand corner with the ~fringe~.