Ballard Designs living rooms are stylish and timeless. This living room above is a perfect example of Ballard’s mastery at interior design. The mix of bold patterned pillows, light furniture and pops of gold work together to form a posh living space that will be fashionable for years to come. Ballard also runs a wonderful design blog, How To Decorate. You’re probably already reading it, but if not make sure to check it out. It’s a treasure trove of design tips and tricks. Here’s how you can emulate the Ballard Designs living room above:
- Sofa // One King’s Lane – As always, we start with a clean and crisp white linen sofa.
- Pillow // Bed Bath & Beyond – This pillow brings a classic leopard pattern into the room.
- Print // Bed Bath & Beyond – This print emulates the original frond print. It’s black instead of white, but on Ballard’s How To Decorate blog, they recently did a post on why you should have dark elements in your room to contrast lighter elements. Super interesting read on how the eye moves around the room with the contrasting elements.
- Bookshelf // Kohl’s – This simple bookshelf provides plenty of room for books, vases, and plants.
- Tray // Bed Bath & Beyond – A gold tray for the coffee table.
- Olive tree – These trees are gorgeous and a perfect touch of greenery. They also remind me of topiaries.
- Print // Society6 – Another gold leaf art option but this time with a white background. Available in multiple sizes.
- Vase // Bed Bath & Beyond – Another pop of gold for the coffee table or bookshelf–wherever you prefer.
- Coffee table // Target – This tufted coffee table emulates the one in the Ballard Designs living room.
- Pillow // Amazon – I’m totally digging this Greek key pillow! I found it a few weeks ago when I was putting together another room. I ended up going with a different pillow, but hoped I’d have a room I could use it in. Bingo! It would look perfect with the leopard pillow on the linen couch.
- Rug // Overstock – I love how soft and light this rug is. It’s not overly bold, but brings the right amount of pattern into the room.
- Chandelier // Rejuvenation – I’ll be honest that I wouldn’t have chosen this chandelier for this space. It’s a touch too modern for the room. However, you may like it so what does it matter what I think? 😉 The original Ballard chandelier is currently on sale for about the same price as this one.
See you on Wednesday with a fashion look for less round-up and back again on Friday with another home design post!