Part of me has always wanted to live in an ultra sleek modern apartment complete with sharp lines, minimalist decor, and a cold feel. I wouldn’t mind a view of a city, either. There’s just something so appealing about the monochromatic feel of it. These spaces certainly don’t appear lived in (where is all the stuff?), but they are calming and super cool. And clean. So incredibly clean. You better believe you aren’t allowed to wear shoes in this living room. Here’s how you can emulate this black and white modern living room in your own home:
- Couch // Urban Outfitters – A super modern couch defines the space.
- Pillow // Bed Bath & Beyond – This pillow is one of the only items bringing in color and pattern.
- Art // Etsy – Abstract art is, obviously, the only type of art allowed here.
- Coffee table // Overstock – This diamond coffee table is ideal for contemporary spaces.
- Chair // Overstock – This split back chair not only has a modern vibe, it can convert from sitting to lounging for more seating.
- Rug // Overstock – Shag rugs are my absolute favorite. They feel so good underfoot. This gray shag rug adds a bit of texture and a touch of warmth to the space.
- Snake plant – These plants look so unique. Perfect for a modern setting. Also, they’re hardy and can handle being neglected if you’re one of those who forgets to water your plants (like, ahem, me).
- Pillow // Amazon – The bold stripes on these pillows emulate the originals.
- Planter // 2Modern – This planter has a modern silhouette and is perfect for a snake plant. It’s also available in several different sizes and colors should you want to add more color to your space.
- Floor lamp // Lord & Taylor – This light absolutely belongs in a modern room. In any other setting I’d probably find this lamp to be a bit much, but it’s perfect in this room.
- Vases // domino – Decor is minimal in this black and white modern living room. These vases do the job of adding a touch of ornamentation, while also fitting with the overall aesthetic.
I had a lot of fun looking for a floor lamp for this black and white modern living room. There are so many good and funky options out there that, again, would probably only work with a modern style. Here are a few I was drawn to: