Feeling: refreshed. This past week has been quiet and relaxing, with no work or family obligations. I’ve been on the go with one thing or another since the beginning of October. Fall is always busy–and I love every second of it–but not having to go anywhere that required me to put on a bra this week has been wonderful.
Listening to: 1999 by Prince. I always listen to it on New Year’s Eve, but it’s even more poignant this year since we lost the Man, the Myth, the Legend. I have to ask, MJ or Prince? I’ve always refused to choose, but I have more Prince than Michael Jackson songs on my phone if that says anything.
Reading: articles that talk about trends and forecasts for 2017 (fashion, home decor, social media, tech, food, whathaveyou). Mainly I want to know what’s about to become popular so I can avoid it. I’m halfway kidding, but I do tend to be contrarian at times. It sometimes takes me years to warm up to a trend (case in point: chokers), so I like to prepare myself as early as possible.
Not reading: any article that talks about what’s out for 2017. I don’t need some random person on the internet telling me that my chevron pillow is no longer in style or that my skinny jeans need to go. I firmly believe if you like something and it brings you happiness and confidence, then it doesn’t matter if it’s on trend or not. In the sage words of Kevin Hart, do you boo boo.
Interested in: how the first month of blogging has gone. I haven’t been blogging a full month just yet, and views are few, but I still thought it would be interesting to see what posts had the most views and compare that to the posts that I had the most fun putting together.
- Most viewed home post: Transitional Style Bedroom
- Most viewed fashion post: Kate Middleton Inspired Regal Red Look
- Favorite home post for me: Architectural Digest Eclectic Living Room (so different from my personal style which ended up being way more fun than I expected)
- Favorite fashion post for me: Jennifer Lawrence Pink Midi Skirt Look (I’m a sucker for lace in any form or fashion)
Wishing: you a happy new year! I can’t wait to see what 2017 has in store!
Want to see what else I’ve currently been up to in December? Check it out here:
- Shocked to find out a Victoria Secret Fashion Show model is from a small town a few towns over from me
- Wrapping presents with the most hideous wrapping paper I’ve ever seen
- Wearing matching outfits with my baby girl <3