Carrying on with our gold theme from yesterday and in anticipation of New Year’s Eve, I bring you none other than Jonathan Adler. I want to end the year with a bang and I don’t think there is anyone who designs a more bang-worthy room than he. I always try to figure out what the *one* thing is I like about a designer. With Jonathan Adler, it’s his proclivity to incorporate gold and color in every room he designs in such a masterful way. Also, I find it interesting that every room he designs has his signature character, yet also looks distinguished and unique from others he’s designed. I have several more Jonathan Adler rooms that I’m planning to feature in 2017. But to end 2016, here is how you can emulate this art deco style living room, or maybe just grab a piece or two to mix in to your existing space:
- Velvet couch // Overstock – This couch is perfect for the art deco style.
- Coffee table // Wayfair – This gorgeous mirrored coffee table emulates Jonathan Adler’s original.
- Planter // 2Modern – How fun is this pistachio colored planter? Can someone explain to me why planters are so expensive? It can’t be the materials. And I can’t see it being the intellectual property related costs. Either way, this planter is a major focal point of the room.
- Chandelier // Bed Bath & Beyond (use one of your hundreds of 20% off coupons!) – The original chandelier is where I found the inspiration photo. The light is so gorgeous, but so ‘spensive. This chandelier from BB&B does a solid job of emulating the original for so much less.
- Pillow // Amazon – Bringing a pop of color and texture into the room with this adorable pillow.
- Fiddle leaf fig – What space doesn’t need a fiddle leaf?
- Chair // Gilt – This chair is so good, y’all. At first glance I thought no way, that would be too uncomfortable to sit in. But then I really looked at, and, while it’s not a velvet couch, I think it would be like sitting on a bar stool. So sure, it’s not for sitting in for hours on end, but it’s serving as occasional seating not binge watching Netflix seating.
- Jacks // Amazon – A few fun little figurines for your coffee table.
- Side table // Overstock – This side table, like Jonathan Adler’s original, brings more dimension into the space. It’s also (semi) functional (you need somewhere to set your wine glass while Netflix-ing) so win/win.
- Rug // Kohl’s – This chevron rug brings pattern into the room. I love how the mirrored coffee table reflects the rug in the inspiration photo.
- Side table // Overstock – A statement piece in itself, this concrete side table introduces an interesting element into the living room.
- Pillows // Amazon – These patterned black and white pillows work well with the art deco vibe. They also harmonize with the shape of the jacks.
- Lamp // Target – Awesome lamp. Looks like a gold mushroom. Exactly what one wants in a living room light.
- Head // Pier 1 – This gal is a unique one. I’d probably dress her up with different hats/scarves/necklaces depending on the season because I’m ridiculous like that.
- End table // Overstock – This is one of those accent tables that would work in just about any space. It’s beautiful.
The art deco style is glamorous, entertaining, and totally over the top. Here a few prints that would fit the walls of this room flawlessly: