Where do you think this living room resides? South Africa, Indonesia, Australia? Not even the same hemisphere(s). It’s located in Sweden! I’m telling you, the Swedes are the most stylish people on the planet. Even though it’s apparently Swedish, this global style living room could belong to any world traveler. It’s a curated look with pieces that have likely been collected over time and travels. It has an African feel with South Asian elements and a New Zealand sheepskin rug. It’s truly a global style room I’m sure we’d all like to spend time in. I have a special place in my heart for rooms that exude a museum feel. This room most definitely oozes that vibe, but it also feels approachable and livable. I’ve rounded up a look that, while not collected over time, emulates the global atmosphere:
- Couch // Apt2B – A white couch with clean lines serves as the foundation for several vibrant pillows.
- Pillow // Home Decorators Collection – This tribal chevron pillow brings the first dose of pattern into the room.
- Bowl // One Kings Lane – This teak bowl is elegant on its own, or with greenery placed in it.
- Coffee table // Overstock – This coffee table is a bit more expensive than I typically include, but it was too good to pass up. The natural, yet unique feel, makes it a showstopper. Here’s a less expensive version.
- Horns // Target – Perfect set of antlers for a global vibe.
- Pillow // Gilt – This (faux) lynx pillow introduces animal print into the mix.
- Bird cage // At Home – This bird cage emulates the original and keeps with the British colonial vibe.
- Philodendron – The leaves of this plant are exotic and interesting, just like the room. Also, impossible to kill. At least the one in my front yard is.
- Wood sculpture // Target – I don’t think we can get enough wood in this space.
- Rug // Overstock – This rug brings texture and coziness into the
- Zebra mask // Amazon – Please tell me in what other design style it’s acceptable to have a zebra mask on your wall? Because I can’t think of one.
- Chaise // west elm – This chaise comes available in several different colors and right arm/left arm. Customize your heart away.
- Pillow // Target – Another pillow that brings in a tribal pattern. It also plays nicely with the others.
- Side table // Amazon – This thing is a beaut and a piece of art in itself.
- Raffia bowl // Amazon – Raffia bowls are so gorgeous that it was hard to pick just one. This one is made in Uganda and Fair Trade certified.
Here are a few other global style accents that complement a space like the above, or introduce a little worldly flair on their own: