Merry Christmas Eve Eve! Are you working today, getting started on holiday festivities, or just hanging out? I’m working (here’s to hoping we get let go early!), and then have part 1 of my family’s Christmas celebrations tonight. Before we get going on the holiday weekend, I wanted to bring you the above zebra print and buffalo check room by Ballard Designs for one last dose of holiday decor. Isn’t it a beauty? The Christmas decorations are what caught my eye originally, but then I saw the zebra print and buffalo check. *swoon* Here’s how you can get the look (or maybe just a piece or two) for less:
- Zebra rug // Amazon – This faux zebra hide emulates the original, but for much less money. It also has great reviews.
- Reindeer // Nordstrom Rack – I’m a sucker for holiday decor that lights up, especially when it’s inspired by nature (i.e. not garish).
- Jute rug // Amazon – I’m not always a fan of the layered rug look, but I’m definitely a fan of this. You need something under the hide since it’s not enough on its own. This jute rug adds additional texture and dimension to the room.
- Coffee table // Amazon – While not an exact match, this table’s shape and feel emulate Ballard’s. Here’s one that looks exactly like the original. It just needs a coat of black paint.
- Chair // Macy’s – Ok, so these chairs. The originals (or close enough to it) are way more money than I’d be willing to spend on a buffalo check chair. I searched high and low for a comp, but they don’t exist. If you’re dying for these chairs at a lower price point, I’d talk to an upholsterer and see how much they’d charge to upholster a chair (or two) for you. Price likely depends on where you live. If that’s not an option, simply get a white chair like the one above and grab a buffalo check pillow and ottoman to complement it.
- Armillary // World Market – Raise your hand if you knew this was called an armillary. I’ve always just called them metal globes. <insert monkey hiding eyes emoji>
- Chandelier // Kohl’s – I couldn’t have picked a more perfect chandelier for this space if I tried!
- Bean bag ottoman // Land of Nod – Here’s that bean bag ottoman I was talking about. Doubles as extra seating!
- Dalmatian Pillow // Lulu & Georgia – This adorable pillow brings an unexpected pattern in to the mix, and it totally works.
- Buffalo Print Pillow // Macy’s – Pop this pillow on the white chair, and you have the same vibe going on.
- Platter // Pier 1 – A gold accent for the bookshelf.
- Bookshelf // Overstock – This open iron and wood bookshelf emulates the original.
- Vase // TJ Maxx – This pretty vase includes all of the colors from the room.
- Fireset // Amazon – This classy fireset adds a touch of glam to the space.
- Letter – This is the same letter in the above picture. However, I wouldn’t spend $50 per letter. That’d be $200 to spell out l-o-v-e. I’d rather put that toward a piece of artwork. Admittedly, the room wouldn’t look the same without the letters. So, if you aren’t willing to shell out that kind of dough for framed letters either, here are stencils you can print for free. You’ll need to scale them to a larger size (google for instructions). With a little bit of effort, black paper, and gold paint, you can have your own custom letters that mimic the inspiration photo.
- Pear // Home Decorators Collection – A classy pear to accent the room.
You have to be a certain type of person to have a zebra hide in your home (faux or not). If you’re not that type of person but would still like to add zebra print somewhere, here are a few other accent pieces: